This is EUREKA, My Portfolio, or My Mini Library. mostly I post about my own real Experiences in life, Educational concerns, Science, Religion, Love Life, Reflection paper, Poem, Fiction and non fiction story, Sport, autobiography, Opinion, Letter,
and many more...

Monday, April 4, 2011




Why College of Education?




When I have a leisure time, I go out to take a fresh air outside of Xavier honor’s Dormitory for Men. I always face with two great questions when my steps reach at the Ateneo de Naga University main gate. The two questions are as follows: do I go to Centro to enjoy seeing the new products, and newest model that import from China, Japan, and Singapore which is being sold in SM of Naga, E_Mall, Robertson, and LCC, or have I go to Santo Cruz to see the poor people there so that I can make a difference?  With these two contradiction ideas, the second question always gets the higher points for the winning. Then, I continue my trip to see closely the people in Santa Cruz. After strolled around it in my heart, I say “Oh, my God! Majority young people here,  at the Santo Cruz are not able to go to school. They are from poor family, and yet they stay at the very poor shack. This reality of life shakes my heart deeply, and it strengthens my mind to devote myself more to be a teacher, rather than to be a businessman, and politician who sometimes tends to think about Self-Centeredness, exploit people, and sometimes also bewilder people to stay unrest in their life. By taking up College of Education, I have a single goal to help people such them to lessen their burden in the circle of the poverty. I think, it would be only a single way to second them to get the better life in the future.


As we know, the human capital is the second determinant of productivity. It is the economist’s term for the knowledge and skills that people acquire only through Education, Training, and Experience. For me personally, the College of Education is one course that offered to fulfill that requirement. To be formed being the most important variable in the learner’s Educational environment. Perhaps, without the teacher, the related Elements of the teaching-learning process would be ineffective for the motivations, guides and directs the learner’s in their quest for knowledge.



In closing, I am proud of taking my College of Education at the Ateneo de Naga University. It is not because CHED grants Autonomous status to AdNU; College of Education is Center of Excellence. But I am being sent by East Timor Jesuit to take my college of Education here at Adnu, actually because of the Jesuit Tradition of Excellence. I do expect that, I will be inspired, and convinced to learn more the related course through Field Study. Hopping that, after graduation at the College of Education here at AdNU I will gain “Something New” to help my country East Timor in reducing the poverty too in my own small ways.




Note:  A reflection Paper to be submitted to the Field Study Subject Teacher  at AdNU, Philippines, 2010

No comments: