This is EUREKA, My Portfolio, or My Mini Library. mostly I post about my own real Experiences in life, Educational concerns, Science, Religion, Love Life, Reflection paper, Poem, Fiction and non fiction story, Sport, autobiography, Opinion, Letter,
and many more...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

writting syllabus


REFLECTION ON THE SYLLABUS
After my Practice teaching ended, I have been aware that writing the syllabus lesson plan is really quite simple; it is meant to communicate. But, I might ask myself, communicate to whom? The answer to this question, on a practical basis, is me, myself! The SLP, I wrote are to guide me in organizing my material and I for the purpose of helping the students achieve intended learning outcomes.
I have learnt also that a key principle in creating a SLP is specificity. It is sort of like saying, "almost any series of connecting roads will take you from Key main campus, Ateneo de Naga University to Ateneo de Naga University High School, eventually." There is however, one any only one set of connecting roads that represents the shortest and best route. Best means that, for example, getting to Ateneo de Naga University High School by using an unreliable car is a different problem than getting there using a brand new car. What process one uses to get to a destination depends on available resources and time.
            For my each SLP, before it done, it took a few hours to write.  Once I have an idea of the main aims, sub aims and personal aims, I can promptly write up the lesson plan.  As John Dewey pointed out, within education, that direct experience is key to learning.  Thereby, the more direct experience an educator has with SLP, the more the educator will learn about the importance of SLP. 
            Finally, it is very obvious to me that I had huge amount of weaknesses during my application of my syllabus lesson plans in the classroom. However, I do not want to stay at this stage. I have to move on, since I do believe that this is just the beginning. Adding to that I have also a positive side to be proud of, that is my own ways of proceeding.

No comments: