This is EUREKA, My Portfolio, or My Mini Library. mostly I post about my own real Experiences in life, Educational concerns, Science, Religion, Love Life, Reflection paper, Poem, Fiction and non fiction story, Sport, autobiography, Opinion, Letter,
and many more...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

student's feedback


Reflection on the feedback
 It has been a tremendous experience especially since I, as a student teacher, received invaluable feedback from  LG 4222, and LG 4423, my teachers, although I had regularly received formal feedback from my peers. I am glad that I became confident about my own competence in teaching in Physics and I now feel more comfortable about another wonderful teaching opportunity that I will be facing later on. Positive feedback included my designing syllabus lesson plans, visual aids, and presentation, responsible, kind and cheerful teacher, passion in teaching, and very confident in delivering the lesson in the class room.
Specifically, I received some feedbacks on my presentation. I did not compose comprehension questions with capital letters and question marks, which I did not notice at all until I read the peer feedback. Another peer commented that the presentation was "a little crowded" and I should delivered lesson in Power Point Presentation instead of Presentation.
Aside from the positive feedback from the students, teachers, and my peer, I gained also the points for improvements. The points for improvements are class room management, the ways I spoke in English, speak lauder so that my voice can be heard, I should learn how to discipline the students, provide handouts and I should prepare more activities when teach.
There was also a feedback with which I consider something awesome.  This is really out of my mind; it is not congruent with the focus of my class. Two female’s students suggested that I have to   use cologne before entering my class room.  This is a new thing. I have entered in new culture. And I have to learn to accept it. Thank you for this observation. I appreciate it very much. I have learned a lot from you all.
Learning is change. Change is not easy for anyone. Teaching the students to become critical thinkers, to learn from their feedback, from teacher’s experiences, and the peers will be one big step forwards. I have a big dream that when my students leave school I will have given them a few tools to take with them and use for life in addition to the little bit of Physics I have taught them. I also have a dream that I too will have become a best teacher to teach and to educate the fellow East Timorese people to find their own ways with my own small ways.
AMDG

No comments: